|year in review!
December 31, 2005]
So, I didn't want my last entry of the year to be about me getting a new pez dispenser. So here ya go, stolen from Whitney.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
- Joined a sorority (best decision ever!)
- Cleaned my life of people who were keeping me down
- Decided to transfer without telling parents, muah ha ha!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I think every year my resolution is to eat healthier blah blah blah. And so I'm going to have that be this one, too! I'll keep having it until I actually do it. Yep.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- No, thank goodness
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- My grandma, I suppose. But I wasn't really that close to her.
5. What countries did you visit?
- None! How boring!
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
- Boys bowing at my feet, haha. Just kidding, that'd be pretty annoying. Um, I suppose a better outlook on life. Enjoy it more. Which will be super possible now that I've done a "people cleansing".
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Um...initiation! But I can't remember the date, haha. I have it written down somewhere.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Joining AOII and getting a 3.44 GPA.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Not being a very good penpal to my Miami friends.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Well, there was a 2-3 week period towards the end of the semester where I pretty much felt like death.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- My AOII hoodie! I love it!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Amanda's, for sure. I'm thinking she is my soulmate. Yeah, yeah she is. She is just so grounded and is able to see all aspects of a situation and guide you through it. Also, she kept a good head on her shoulders despite all the shit she had to go through this semester.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- Someone I'm not going to name out of pure care for their dignity.
14. Where did most of your money go?
- Um, retail America.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Having AOII extend a bid to me, being elected to 2 positions in the house, moving into the house. Anything AOII haha. That, and meeting the most AWESOME people at Iowa State. Who would have thought that my best friends would be waiting for me at good ole ISU?
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
- My Humps! Especially when Caitlin and I would dance to it in the car and seeing Amanda just shaking her head at us.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? HAPPIER! for sure
- richer or poorer? Poorer than dirt.
- thinner or fatter? Um, thinner I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- More studying! Gotten to know some people I'm not very close to better. Kept in better contact w/ my Miami friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Gossiping and being unreasonable at points.
20. How did you spend the holidays?
- Family, no friends. How boring. I miss Iowa.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
- Nope. But everytime I looked in the mirror I fell a bit more in love with myself because, you know, I'm pretty awesome.
23. How many one-night stands?
- Depends on the definition haha.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
- The Simpsons (CLASSIC!), Family Guy, and Laguna Beach
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
- Haha, YES! Well, not hate maybe. Can't stand is more like it.
26. What was the best book you read?
- Shopaholic and Sister! I'm so intellectual.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Um, country. I know, haha. And not that they are a musical to discovery to me since I've been listening to them for damn near 5 years, but I listened to a BUNCH of O.A.R.
28. What did you want and get?
- True best friends
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
- Did Wedding Crashers come out this year? If so, that.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 19 and I went to school! Yep, my summer class started on my birthday. Not that I minded, I love summer classes. But other than that, probably just hung around with the fam. Maybe saw Steph? I can't remember.
32. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Um, I can't really think of anything. Maybe not having to deal with some people's drama bullshit.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
- Jeans + hoodie/tee + sneakers = Cindy!
34. What kept you sane?
- I would say friends...but sometimes they can make you insane. So, I suppose just looking forward to the weekends. It's what kept me going half the time.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um, I don't know. I always fancy me some Prince William though ;-)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Probably any idiot Republican stance on a social issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardcore republican when it comes to economics but socially? Major liberal.
37. Who did you miss?
- All of my wonderful friends at Miami.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
- I have two, Amanda and Caitlin.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
- This is a hard one. Probably just that *most* anything is possible. I mean, pulling a 4.0 without studying is damn near impossible. Pulling a 3.44 without studying? Totally possible! Haha, wow. Was this supposed to be a serious one? Oh well...
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"cuz to me throughout eternity
there's somewhere where you're welcome to go
I said it's something free that means a lot to me
when I'm with my friends I feel home."